Sybase to Oracle conversion

From: Venkat Kambalapally <vreddy_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 14:16:14 -0400

Hi! We have an application that has to be converted from Sybase11.5 to Oracle8. The application is written in Power builder 5. There are a number of stored procedures that return result sets. Since these have to be converted to ref cursors in Oracle, how do you handle them in powerbuilder? Also how do you handle temp tables (assuming we don't use Oracle8i)? Can you achieve the temp table functionality using PL/SQL tables?
BTW is Oracle8i meant just for internet applications or can any two-tier app use it?

Thanks
Venkat Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 13:16:14 CDT