Re: Help with OAS 4.0.7 on WinNT SP5

From: <private_comm_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 17:37:33 GMT

In article <375E7DDD.66AC8E12_at_medservintl.com>,   Sunny Yu <sunny_at_medservintl.com> wrote:
> --------------CA4CB9CEAD87C454747C0124
>
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed the OAS 4.0.7 with the patch to work with WinNT SP4.
> I am unable to get my www listener to recognize calls from other
> computer in my company's LAN.
> Unless they use my actual IP number as their URL, and for that to
work I
> have to actually set up my www listener to recognize my IP number as
one
> of the host name (in the Network section of the www listener
setup)... I
> have called oracle support and they say that I have to set up a DNS
> server within my LAN inorder for others to pull up my page using host
> name instead of IP numbers. But then why do I have to set up the IP
> number as the host name for the www listener?
>
> Another thing is that, beside my origiional/actual host name and the
IP
> number, I can not get my www listener to responds to other host name
set
> up (meaning if I add an additional host name entry into the Network
> setup of my www listener, I still can't use this new hostname to pull
up
> my web pages)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> Sunny
>
> --------------CA4CB9CEAD87C454747C0124
>
> begin:vcard
> n:Yu;Sunny
> tel;cell:301-996-2818
> tel;fax:301-937-8849
> tel;home:301-869-0790
> tel;work:301-937-8848
> x-mozilla-html:TRUE
> url:http:/www.medservintl.com
> org:MedServ International;IS Department
> adr:;;10727 Tucker Street;Beltsville;Maryland;20705;USA
> version:2.1
> email;internet:sunny_at_medservintl.com
> title:Designer/Programmer
> fn:Sunny Yu
> end:vcard
>
> --------------CA4CB9CEAD87C454747C0124--

Hi,
If you are accessing OAS in following form - http://host.domain:port/page. If that is the case then leave out domain (ie just http://host:port/page). The reason is that you do have DNS set up properly or no DNS in your network.

Hope that helped.

PC

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 12:37:33 CDT