Select content from a column of type 'long'

From: bp <bp_at_gsi-office.de#nospam>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:12:11 +0200

Hello,

we have text stored in a long - column of an Oracle - Database and want to retrieve some specific lines by issuing an select like

Select * from outable WHERE long_column like '%abcdef%'. But this brings up an error message like ORA-00932 : Datatype mismatch.

How can I avoid this problem? The solution to change the column - type isn't one, because the long - field is the one and only datatype for storing big contents and being accessed via ODBC. (CLOB and such other datatypes have problems with ODBC!)

Bastien Received on Wed Jun 09 1999 - 05:12:11 CDT