Net8 Listener, SQLNet2 client with AltaVista firewall

From: Mario <mtechera_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 01:54:59 +0200

We are trying to connect SQL*Net 2 clients through an AltaVista Firewall97 to a Net8 Listener. TNSPING works just fine but we cannot establish a session with any application. We have set up a generic port on the firewall to allow the clients through to the DB but the moment we try to establish a session with SQL'Plus ot any other app we are not successful.

Does anyone have any ideas or experience that might come in handy? Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 18:54:59 CDT