Create Database Fails

From: <david0420_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 21:07:36 GMT

When I try to create a database in oracle server for alpha openvms version 7.3.2.3.2 it gives these errors.

ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
ORA-00200: cannot create control file 'ora_control1'
ORA-07515: sfccf:  UIC group <= MAXSYSGROUP - file operations not
allowed
SVRMGR> I log on as a user with the ora_dba priviledge and with UIC group of 777. Maxsysgroup is 8, but I still get this error. I granted the oracle7 user ora_dba priviledges also ... no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

dave

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 16:07:36 CDT