Oracle issue with Digital Alpha Server

From: <vramnath_at_stpaulsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:51:34 GMT

There are two issues here with Oracle that I am facing:

  1. In spite of having OS authentication, from last week Oracle is asking for password for INTERNAL user which was not the case before. What needs to be changed, so that it will not ask for the password. I went through the Oracle manuals and everything seems to be proper for OS authentication.
  2. The Digital alpha server was not shutdown properly. The databases also was not shutdown as I can see the sgadefDATABSE.dbf file of two instances. I have deleted the dbf files. Now none of the instances are coming up.

when I try to get the Oracle instance it gives me the following error ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. Digital Unix Error: 2: No such file or directory

Is it a Digital Unix error or an Oracle error. Either of the case I would appreciate if somebody can help me on this issue and throw some more light on it.

When I did a tstshm on the server it gave the following output $tstshm
Number of segments gotten by shmget() = 50 Number of segments attached by shmat() = 50 Odd-sized segments are rounded up to even size Segments attach at higher addresses

Default shared memory address = 0x10000
Lowest shared memory address  = 0x10000
Highest shared memory address = 0x11fc10000
Total shared memory range     = 4831838208 (0x120000000
Total shared memory attached  = 209715150 (0xc7fffce)
Largest single segment size   =  4194304 (0x400000)
Segment boundaries (SHMLBA)   =     8192 (0x2000)

We have three database instances running and I have checked the init.ora parameters to verify if the SGA is within the Shared memory parameter that is specified. I have looked at DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS
DB_BLOCK_SIZE
SORT_AREA_SIZE
SHARED_POOL_SIZE What are the parameters that I have to change to get Oracle up and running. Where and How do I change those values and relink the kernel. Would that be the cause of the failure?

If somebody can help me on this it will be great.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 14:51:34 CDT