Oracle 8 with RDO problem

From: lorax <dpeel_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:02:30 -0500

Hey all,

I'm having a little problem with a VB5.0 Enterprise app talking to an Oracle 8 database. The setup is VB5.0 on NT4.0 using Oracle ODBC Driver ver 8.00.0300 connecting to Oracle 8 Enterprise database. I am using RDO to talk to the database through the ODBC driver.

I have a query that when run inside of Oracle, works every time, all the time. The query has clause to limit the recordset based on date. While running in VB, if I choose a recordset that is larger (1500+ records returned) I crash the application on Doc Watson. If I limit the recordset size, it works fine.

The doc watson occurs in "no symbols" which basically doesn't tell me squat about where the exception is occurring.

Does anyone know of any known bugs, similar problems, workarounds, etc.?

A 1500-1700 recordset is very small. I would expect the ODBC driver and VB should be able to handle it.

Could it be related to the prefetch count of the ODBC driver? I have it set to 2000. Is this too large? too small? Is there a standard?

Thanks in advance for the help....

Doug Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 14:02:30 CDT