Re: PL/SQL vs C Performance

From: Mirza Mohsin Beg <mbeg_at_netearnings.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 10:26:06 -0700

When I tried to access huge (several MB's) amounts of data when doing 'fetches' via Pro*C cursors, execution time was several magnitudes faster than the same operation done in PL/SQL. PL/SQL cannot scale like compiled Pro*C, but it has other advantages as seamless datatype exchange across stack variables.

-M