Re: parameter file settings

From: <ngroves_at_ndsuk.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:06:22 GMT

In article <7jjcec$nku$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   farrellyr_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> We have a fairly new database, and I have received an error in regards
> to the open_cursors. I have increased them, but I was wondering how
> would I go about setting this number if I were setting it for the
first
> time?

Depends on the types of activity against your database.

On my development database I've got it set to 2400 - team of 30ish developers, some working with a cursor hungry product called Magic - & on my testing database 4800 - simulated hundreds of users.

Don't know if these figures are high or low in relation to other DBA's - I just know they work for me.

Guess it boils down to experience...

Regards

Nigel Groves

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 11:06:22 CDT