Re: Column names

From: Marc Mazerolle <informaze_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 15:52:13 GMT

Not completly true.....

Try the following :

SQL> create table test (

  2  "a"            number not null,
  3  A              number not null

  4 );

Table created.

SQL> desc test

 Name                            Null?    Type
 a                               NOT NULL NUMBER
 A                               NOT NULL NUMBER

SQL> Then, it's a pain to manipulate the info but as you can clearly see, Oracle will create columns name in mixed mode if you tell him to do it.

Ugly.....

Marc