Q : Oracle 8 to RDB 7 connection ?

From: Yves Benigot Magic <ybenigot_at_magic.fr>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:09:39 +0200

I am trying to connect to an OpenVMS/Rdb 7 server with an Oracle client. The connection is done via oracle's gateway and SQL*Net.

When I connect using Oracle 7 client (SQL*plus, SQL*net v2) under Windows it works fine.

When I connect using oracle 8 client (SQLPlus, Net80) under Windows SQL*plus crashes.
Also tnsping80 crashes.

Anybody has an idea about how to find a workaround to this problem ? Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 10:09:39 CDT