datawarehouse

From: Cen Mei <cenmei_at_elixir.com.au>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 01:10:34 +1000

Hi,

I am trying to setup datawarehouse, current I am planning to evaluate oracle and sql server.

I would like to hear about the pro and con of oracle and sqlserver to implement dataware house. the inital database approx about 100 GB and will grow.

I belive oracle dataware house product has a utility to extract data from different data source and schedule it to run automatically, does sql server has a similar facility?
I need to do data extraction from AS/400.

I am quite new to sql server that I have not try to create 100 GB database in sql server before, I'd like to hear what is the performance like for sql server on reasonable big database compare to oracle.

I appreciated if you could e-mail me the feedback at hkusumo_at_elixir.com.au

no flame mail, please.

Thanks in advance
- Haris - Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 10:10:34 CDT