ODBC: oracle8 on nt and ms-access on w95

From: karsten reincke <kreincke_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 15:58:44 +0200

hello;

we need a little help for connecting a win95- and a nt-machine:

(1) is it possible to use oracle8 on the nt-machine as database-server
(all tables and tablespaces shall lying on this machine) and ms-access
as database-client running on a win95-machine and asking and working with the query-results of the data-abse-server?

(2) is it really possible to use ODBC and if what shall we install on
which machine to organise the odbc-net-access?

we are very sorry, but we are knowing the ODBC-FAQ of oracle, which is still a little mystery for us.

any help is welcome, even it's "only" link.

       salut d'Allemagne kr

les chats cont les vrais hédonistes
et devraient être donc notre idéal.

 karsten reincke [ 0541/9696223 ]
 kreincke_at_cl-ki.uni-osnabrueck.de Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 08:58:44 CDT