Re: Upload/Download Data via Internetbrowser using Oracle Aplication Server

From: <jens_andreasson_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 11:52:27 GMT

In article <7jilhn$p12$1_at_newsread.do.de.uu.net>,   "Markus Müller" <mueller.m_at_hm-online.de> wrote:
> I would like to know, how to upload data via internetbrowser using the
> oracle aplication server (Version 4.0). For this we use the
> server-side-solution.
>
> The example, that is delivered by oracle, doesnt realy work with
Netscape.

> The second problem: We need to upload the data in a special table,
created
> from us. The examble using websys puts the data only in one table,
craeted
> by oracle.
>
> Does anybody has a solution, that allows us loading up (and down) data
with
> different content/types?
>
> Thanks
>
> Markus

I have experienced the same kind of problem, my solution was to write a C cartridge, that made use of the wrb api and oci. The wrb api has a function that retrieves multi-part data in form of name value pairs, I used the oci for DML.

It is also possible to write a native java class that makes use of a own write dynamic library with the same functionality as the C cartridge ,except the oci part.

Jens

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 06:52:27 CDT