Re: DB recovery from archived redo logs

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 12:24:46 +0200

Barry Jones escribió:

> I cannot take the live db offline and restore the old copy, so I need t=
> either give the db a new name and restore it to the same machine or res=
tore
> the db on a completely different machine.Then I can extract the require=
> info and apply it to the live one.

If you want to keep in the same machine you must shutdown the db and restore the backup data files, except the control and online redo logs.

> So far I've =

> 1. started nomount
> 2 created a controlfile ( statement edited for new machine a dir struct=
ure,
> noresetlogs specified)

Are the datafiles in the new machine in the same location (directory structure)? They should be in the same location than the other machine. This way, you only need to copy the control files and the online redo logs from the old to the new machine and restore the data files from the backup.

> 3. alter database recover automatic until time ....

> Barry Jones

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Tue Jun 08 1999 - 05:24:46 CDT