Re: Oracle Client Cache 80

From: John Higgins <JH33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:57:58 -0500

Quote:

Oracle Names version 8 provides a client cache daemon process that allows a client on most platforms to store information retrieved from a Names Server in its local cache. Whenever a client makes a subsequent connection request, it first checks its local cache for the address information. If the information is located, and if it has not exceeded a specified time to live (TTL), the client will use the information to connect to a server, saving the time it would normally take to re-query the Names Server.
The local client-side cache is particularly advantageous if at any time a Names Server is not available. In this case, the local client-side cache has a current list of

recently accessed services.

End Quote.