Oracle8 and NT

From: BjM <bmadigan_at_nettelligence.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 17:29:35 -0400

I'm finishing my MCSE studies right now and as I search more and more newsgroups (jobs / IT), I've noticed a very large amount of interest in Oracle by employers. I have VB and C++ experience only in GUI / Desktop apps. I really have NO database experience. (both Admin or develop) However, I'm very very influenced into trying it. I've checked Amazon.com dejanews etc... And a question that I seem to keep asking myself is... What route should I take? MS SQL first then Oracle? Or can I feel comfortable jumping into Oracle with no database experience. Seems a little obvious to me. However, I thought I would get some feedback on the subject.

One more thing, what books would be good for a beginner in both as a developer or Administrator? ADO first, over Archetecture or vica versa... I guess I just find this whole DB thing a little confussing and I don't wanna jump right into it without doing some homework and getting the proper studying material in the proper order.

Thanks for your help!!! A reply to my email would be great since I don't get
a chance to check the newsgroups very often and I'll be going for surgury soon... Thank you again

Brad Madigan Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 16:29:35 CDT