Re: SQLPlus scripts in Unix

From: <082087dv_at_pond.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 20:11:07 GMT

That will work...But if you do not want to go through all the work of recreating the universe you can add a tool that will handle the same. Take a look at AppWorx: http://www.appworx.com/ they have the ability to launch and monitor scripts,create cross platform dependencies and even use values within the database as action statements. This is very powerful. Don't know if you need all this. But they have got all the bases covered.( The third base coach is calling you home... what are you going to do?)

Best regards,
BV

n article <7j8bq1$kje$1_at_bvweb.dublin.iona.ie>,   "Brian Gallagher" <briang_at_iona.com> wrote:
> A very good question - i've wondered about that myself. One quick and
dirty
> solution is to have separate scripts
>
> sqlplus system/realpassword <<EOF
> alter user system identified by manager;
> EOF
>
> then in your script you can run
> sqlplus system/manager <<EOF
> alter user system identified by realpassword;
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> EOF
>
> for the duration of the long script it will appear by ps -ef that
> you have connected as manager
>
> still i'm sure there's a better easier way. You could write an expect
> script but this would be overkill
>
> hope this helps
>
> regards
> brian
>
> Brian Peasland wrote in message ...
> >I have an easy question. I want to set up a cron job to run an
SQLPlus
> >script at certain times. My dilemma is how to hide the
userid/password. If
> >store that info in the script, I'm afraid others might be able to
"see" it.
> >How can I automate some script processing and still be able to
maintain
> >security. How do you do it?
> >
> >Thanks in advance!
> >Brian Peasland
> >peasland_at_msn.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 15:11:07 CDT