Re: Hate to keep bugging...but newbie still needs help!

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 13:01:24 -0700

Bob

By default, users don't have access to any tablespaces. You need to grant the user you want to create the table a quota on the tablespace. This is done by either:

alter user testing quota 10m on tablespace testing; or alter user testing quota unlimited on tablespace testing;

You may also want to change their default and temporary tablespaces thus:

alter user testing default tablespace testing temporary tablespace temp:

From your message it's not clear whether you are using the syntax create table testing.table_name when logged on as SYSTEM, or create table table_name when logged on as TESTING. In either case, the user who owns the table is the one who needs access (not SYSTEM as in my first example).

HTH. Pete

--

Regards