Re: sql*loader

From: Nandakumar <nanban_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 18:08:05 GMT

Hi John,
Thanks for your information on 'optionally enclosed by'. Just to express my understanding on this, Say there is a table with two columns of type char. There are some input data like

"Chennai" "Mumbai"            # First row
'Delhi "New York"' "Denver"   # second row.
'Miami'   'California'        # Third Row
Now when data is loaded with 'optionally enclosed by' the contents of the two columns in the table will look like:

COlumn1 column2

Chennai Mumbai
Delhi New York Denver
Miami California

Pls. correct me if if i am wrong.
Thanks &
regards
Nanda

--
Nandakumar
Systems Analyst
New York
(N.Kumar_at_rocketmail.com)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 13:08:05 CDT