Re: Unix vs. Linux

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_klch.med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 14:23:49 +0200

Hi Jerry,

we are priority one in electrical-power-supply because we are a great hospital. The hospital has its own UPS which is tested once a month. The Chlinical Chemistry has its own UPS. We have 2 identical systems for mission critical tasks.

The main danger is the cleaner accidently unplugging the power; i am not kidding ;-)

We managed to kill several times our XFS-filesystems on our Challenge L's. The reason was a hardware failure...

It's quite normal for us to play worst case and kick off the power with test installations; we expext them to pass!

Kind regards,

Toni

PS: I forgive you for shouting. :-)