Re: Upgrade 7.3.2.1 to 8.0.5 or 8.1.5 on DEC UNIX

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 13:18:24 +0200

I reply through Norris' post:

Norris escribió:
> Burkhard Schultheis <bschultheis_at_tde-online.de> wrote:
> : Hi,
> =

> : our customer has Oracle 7.3.2.1 on DEC UNIX. We have found a big erro=
> : in this version on DEC UNIX: Oracle writes trace files and loads this=

> : trace files into shared memory. After some time of working no new
> : process can connect to the database. Then you cannot shutdown and
> : startup Oracle! Now we know the environment variable to stop Oracle f=
rom
> : writing these trace files, but we want to go ahead from this buggy
> : version.

I had a similar problem in the same machine and solved with the EPC_DISABLED var. Just, every user who connects in local mode must have set this var to TRUE.
EPC_DISABLED=TRUE; export EPC_DISABLED

And, in the listener entry, for those who connect through sqlnet:

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =

      (SID_NAME = <your_SID>)
      (ORACLE_HOME = <your_HOME>)
     (ENVS='EPC_DISABLED=TRUE') <--- Add this line.
    )
   [...]
   )

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 06:18:24 CDT