URGENT HELP NEEDED: Configure the Developer 6.0 Web Server under OAS 4.0

From: Huiming Li <huiming_at_jis.ne.jp>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 16:13:18 +0900

According to the online manual of Developer Server 6.0   (%ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/us/odcfg60/od00025.htm), The form server configuration can be divided into several steps as follows:

  1. Start your Web Server.
  2. Start your browser
  3. Create a listener
  4. Create a web cartridge

  I have problems in creating cartridge.

  Problem 1:
   Application Type:

     In %ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/ja/odcfg60/od00025.htm,
      there included sentences as :

"In the Application Type field, specify D2KWEB."
In %ORACLE_HOME/TOOLS/DOC60/us/odcfg60/od00025.htm, there included sentences as :
"In the Application Type field, specify C WEB."
My question is, What type should I use? (In the configuration form, I can only find C Web.

  Problem 2:

   After the cartridge has been created, we should set application    configuration properties by doing the following:

    "Within the Configuration Folder, click Web Parameters.     In the Listener List field, specify a listener."

    However, in the web parameter configuration form,       there is no such field named "Listener" !!!

      The fields which do exist in that form are
          Application's MIME Type,
          Client Certification,
          Client Session,
          Max. Session Idle Time, and
          Error Page.

     My question is: How to associate the cartridge to a existing
     listener?

     When I finish all the configuration I can, I got error message
     when open the default htm page.

       "Can not service this request, please try again later"

     Anybody knows how to that, please enlighten me. Thanks in
advance. Received on Mon Jun 07 1999 - 02:13:18 CDT