Re: PL/SQL Cartridge - OAS

From: <larry_xu_at_ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 14:41:50 -0400

Thomas,

Thanks a lot for explain this detail to me. I recommend that this detail should be in ORCLE next
document.

Because the connection is maintained. Can I assume that package variables and cursors as persistent data within session.

I examined the procedure 'owa_util.cellsprint. '. I don't like the way it implementing the 'Next' function
It re-open the cursor and fetch from very beginning. just consider the cursor took 20 seconds to
execute, everytime the 'next' is clicked and it takes another 20 seconds

I'd rather have a open cursor. a PL/SQL table ( stored fetched records for support the 'Fetch backward ). so the response should be much quick.

Is this possible ?

Regards
Larry Received on Sun Jun 06 1999 - 13:41:50 CDT