process.dat goes larger and larger.

From: Joe <joetin_at_netvigator.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 21:35:25 +0800

I've found that the file process.dat in $ORACLE_HOME/otrace/admin got larger and larger and finally caused the filesystem filled up. Then I shutdown the OracleDB but the file is still there.

I want to know

1) What does the process.dat file use for?
2) Why does it grow without bound?
3) If I delete it when the database is down and then

    start DB again, will there be any loss in DB (data and integrity)?     (In fact, I cannot shutdown DB when filesystem, which      contains $ORACLE_HOME, is full.). Or how can I remove it?

Thanks in advance.
Joe
joetin_at_netvigator.com Received on Sun Jun 06 1999 - 08:35:25 CDT