Re: Question about utl_file

From: <smfrank_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:51:20 GMT

I have been learning about and using the UTL_FILE frequently the past few weeks. One thing I learned is that UTL_FILE_DIR path and there reference to that dir in the code are extremely case sensitive even when the operating system is not...It would not hurt to double check your case and spelling if you have not already done so.

smfrank_at_ix.netcom.com
Steve Franks

In article <37540B40.A0B0F6E9_at_bigfoot.com>,   Doug Cowles <dcowles_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I had a problem with this last year and it was solved by opening up
the
> permissions to user, group and others I think. I didn't like the
solution, but
> it was for something temporary. Try setting the permissions wide open
and see
> what happens, maybe it will lead to a different discussion..
>
> - Dc.
>
> DBi1067305 wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm trying to use the utl_file package in Oracle 7.3 to read a flat
file
> > (UNIX). I've updated the init.ora file to include the parameter
utl_file_dir
> > which specifies the accessible directory path (as described in the
> > documentation). However, the function in utl_file still returns an
error for
> > invalid path. I can't seem to find the problem and would welcome
any
> > suggestions on what to look for.
> >
> > Please reply to maestro_98_at_hotmail.com.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Devyani

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Sat Jun 05 1999 - 22:51:20 CDT