mts_dispatcher can not connect to listener

From: <wliu2_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 21:21:35 GMT

Hi, everyone,

I'm having trouble with mts_dispatcher. If I don't specify password in listener.ora file, everything works file. But when I added a password in listener.ora, mts_dispatcher couldn't connect to listener. I got an error message in the alert.log file. It's something like "could not connect to listener address: (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=hostname) (port=1521)), dispatcher 'D000' encountered error connecting to listener 0".

Following is my listener.ora file:

# listener.ora

#
LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS =
          (PROTOCOL = TCP)
          (HOST = hostname)
          (PORT = 1521)
        )

  )
STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0
CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 0
SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
      (SID_NAME = testdb)
      (oracle_home=/home/app/oracle/product/7.3.2)
    )
  )

TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = ADMIN
# The following line is causing trouble. Without this line
# everything works fine.

PASSWORDS_LISTENER = passwd

In the init.ora, the parameters for MTS are as following

mts_listener_address = "(address=(protocol=tcp)\ (host=hostname)(port=1521))"

mts_dispatchers = "TCP, 1"
mts_max_dispatchers = 3
mts_servers = 2
mts_max_servers = 5

It looks like the dispatcher failed to connect to listener because it din't use the password. But I thought the password parameter in listener.ora was only used by lsnrctl.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Wei

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 16:21:35 CDT