Re: CREATE DATABASE (..) LOGFILE question

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 22:52:12 +0200

Probably Oracle forces you to mirror the logfiles. In this case the statement is
create database
 test DATAFILE '/u7/test.db' SIZE 600M LOGFILE group 1 ('/u7/test1a.log','/u7/test1b.log') SIZE 6M -- 60M is way too big , group 2 ('/u7/test2a.log','/u7/test2b.log') size 6M You need at least two redo log file groups. The filespecs as they are now take care of mirroring. If you do that, ideally those files should reside on two different physical drives. If you don't want mirroring at all, you probably will need to include maxlogmembers 1
The default is 2, and this is probably the reason why you are getting ora-1518.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA