Re: Oracle performance and server question

From: Oliver Willandsen <oliver.willandsen_at_sg.cec.be>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 16:52:23 GMT

In article <3757EB22.77C505BD_at_fmr.com>,   Rose Sacolik <rose.sacolik_at_fmr.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me where I can find information on Oracle. Can it run
> on an NT server or is it exclusive to UNIX. What does it cost, what is
> the maximum table and database sizes, what is the latest release; how
is
> the performance and tolerance?
>
> I appreciate your input
> Thanks,
> Rose

Rose,

start with

http://www.oracle.com/database/

http://www.oracle.com/database/availability/

http://www.oracle.com/database/features/index.html

Should those not give you all the information you need, you you can sign up to the free Technet and then check out version specific limitations such as database size, maximum tables etc. in the online documentation

http://technet.oracle.com/

HTH
--
Oliver Willandsen - [European Commission - http://europa.eu.int]

All comments represent my own opinion and may not in any circumstance be regarded as stating an official position of the European Commission

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 11:52:23 CDT