Re: Web DB and User ID Question

From: Christopher Beck <clbeck_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 17:41:42 GMT

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 17:31:03 +0100, Graham Adamson <graham.adamson_at_nandb.co.uk> wrote:

>Is it possible to create WebDB components using queries based on the
>User Id entered via the security logon - eg. only show the Orders that a
>particular user is allowed to see. I've tried to see how to access the
>initial logon identifier to use as the 'where' part of a query e.g
>select * from orders with customer_id = :logon_id.

Since webDB uses database authentication, use can use the psuedo-column user to filter out the unwanted rows.

  1. Create a view like

  create or replace
  view my_orders as
  select *
    from orders
   where customer_id = user

  Then create the webDB component on that view.

or

2. Just add the constraint

    ... where customer_id = user

  to your query.

hope this helps.

chris.

--
Christopher Beck
Oracle Corporation

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 12:41:42 CDT