First time Table reorganize procedure

From: Kevin A Lewis <KevinALewis_at_Hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 16:31:19 +0100

I need to check my procedure for reorganizing a single table.

1 :- Export the table

      exp user/password tables=(XXX) file=table.dmp compress=y indexes=y;

2 :- Drop the table

      Drop table XXX cascade constraints

3 :- Import the table data

       imp user/password file=table.dmp indexes=n indexfile=index.dmp

4 :- Import the index data (subsequent to the table create)

      sqlplus user/password_at_dbase
      @index.dmp;
      exit

Never having done this before I want to be extra sure this works, allows for all possible situations and for inter object dependencies.

Regards
--
Kevin A Lewis (BOCM PAULS LTD - Animal Feed Manufacturer - Ipswich England)

                        <KevinALewis_at_HotMail.com>

The views expressed herein by the author of this document are not necessarily those of BOCM PAULS Ltd. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 10:31:19 CDT