Error ora-12505

From: <lee_smith_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 14:18:40 GMT

We are having problems connecting remotely to our newly created Oracle 7.3.4 database. (We also have no access to the dBA who did the original install.)

We have created an alias and can TSN ping that alias from remote locations. However, when we use those aliases in SQL Plus we get a SID error. We can login using SQLPlus with NO host string and see all the tables.

Was a different SQL*net connect string used when this database was installed? If so how do I determine what it is?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 09:18:40 CDT