Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12705

From: <tim_mcconechy_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 13:59:06 GMT

Hi..

On one client (a new install) I get the following message when I connect with ODBC or through SQL PLus...
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12705

The client is an NT Workstation. In English... The regional setting are set to english U/S....

But we are in Denmark..
The server is in English on Windows NT 4.0 and runs without problems... It's just the 1 client (so far)

I can't seem to figure what it might be...

Anyone seen this.

Here is the note on:
ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified

Cause: There are two possible causes: Either an attempt was made to issue an ALTER SESSION statement with an invalid NLS parameter or value; or the NLS_LANG environment variable contains an invalid language, territory, or character set.

Action: Check the syntax of the ALTER SESSION command and the NLS parameter, correct the syntax and retry the statement, or specify correct values in the NLS_LANG environment variable. For more information about the syntax of the ALTER SESSION command, see the index entry on "ALTER SESSION command" in Oracle8 Server SQL Reference.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 08:59:06 CDT