Re: SQLPlus scripts in Unix

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 12:23:36 +0200

Brian Peasland escribió:
> =

> I have an easy question. I want to set up a cron job to run an SQLPlus
> script at certain times. My dilemma is how to hide the userid/password.=
 If I
> store that info in the script, I'm afraid others might be able to "see"=
 it.
> How can I automate some script processing and still be able to maintain=

> security. How do you do it?

Whay I usually do is:

chmod 700 <scrpit_name>

This way only the owner is able to see it.

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Fri Jun 04 1999 - 05:23:36 CDT