Re: Unix vs. Linux

From: Anton Dischner <dischner_at_klch.med.uni-muenchen.de>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 11:19:51 +0200

Hi,

our tests have shown that a power failure has destroyed our test-installation. (Oracle 8.0.5 on Suse Linux 6.1)
The power/price value of Oracle on Linux is very good but you have to

a. use a UPS
b. use a journaled-filesystem; there is no for Linux.
c. Give Oracle 8i aka 8.1.x another try.

Kind regards,

Toni