Re: Oracle 8.0.5 and NT services

From: joe gulla <jgulla_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 08:27:23 -0400

    the oraclestartorcl service calls strt"instancename".cmd in the \orant\database directory and starts the
oracleserviceorcl service . starting the oracleserviceorc. service does not start the database. If you changed
the sysdba password in the pwdorcl.ora you must also change it in the start"instancename".cmd

    Also "just for giggles" If you stop the oracleserviceorcl its the same as a shutdown abort you need to
edit regjistry entries to have service stop shutdown database immediate

                    Joe