Re: Migrate from 7.3.4 to 8.0.5

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 23:32:54 -0500

I just migrated an 18 Gb db to Oracle 8.0.5 from 7.3.4 on Solaris 2.5.1, E5000 Server, using the migration utility. Everything is the same,including optimizer mode (rule), but all SQL is about 3 times slower. I did table scans on a few large tables and it takes about thrice the time it took before it was a 7.3.4 database.

Any ideas what I may be missing. Oracle support seems to have a beginner staff....somebody kept on telling me today I had too many extents (20) so my timings were off.

Help would be appreciated very very much.

Thanks,

Raman Batra, rrbatra_at_feist.com