Re: Migrate from 7.3.4 to 8.0.5

From: <rpdata_at_cyberus.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 02:22:41 GMT

I've done it using export/import and the migration utility... Both work ok, but if you're DB is not too too big, export/import is much simpler and it's a good opportunity to re-create your DB and defrag..

Good luck..
Robert Prendin
RP Data Solutions

PS: If you're on HPUX 10.20 send me an email, I ran into a few issues with the migration utility.. such as TEMP tablespace and a file on the CD was missing or the case was incorrect which Oracle has a cute workaround for(again)...

..
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999 07:43:56 +0800, chenjp_at_email.com (ChenJP) wrote:

>Hi, for a higher performance ,
>our company want to migrate our Oracle 7.3.4 server to 8.0.5.
>So , can u tell me some info about this migration.
>Or where I can find related information.
>Thanks a lot.
>
>chenjp_at_email.com

#  RP Data Solutions Inc.
#  Oracle Database Support Services