Re: MS odbc for Oracle8

From: Rick Losey <rlosey_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 19:14:46 -0600

I believe that it is included in the various iterations of the MDAC packages. (MDAC 1.5, 2.0, 2.1, 2.1.1)
ADO with the same versions are included also. Be warned, if you use ADO 2.0, you can't use the Oracle ODBC driver. If you use ADO2.1, then you can't reliably use Oracle! If you load ADO 2.1 and then decide to go back to ADO 2.0, the only way to do this is to reinstall your entire OS. ADO 2.1.1 seems to work, but the jury's out on it as yet.

Rick Losey