import/export between different databases

From: Yu Dong <yudong_at_mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA>
Date: 3 Jun 1999 15:55:18 -0400

Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.tools

Subject: Export/Import between diff. databases
Expires:

I have a problem some experts may have a clue: I want to import a full database export file from another database (Oracle7) into an Oracle8 database. The Oracle7 database and the Oracle8 database DBAs are different (using the same name, internal, but different password).

Everytime I tried using Oracle8's DBA right, surely it failed saying only a DBA can import file exported by another DBA, although in the Enterprise Manager of Oracle8, the Oracle7 database is accessable through Preferred Credentials (I know both DBA's password).

So, how to do it? Document say it can be done, but?

Thank you in advance.

Yu Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 14:55:18 CDT