JDBC / Oracle Exceptions

From: Marshall Greer <marshall_at_galef.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 13:24:50 -0700

Hey all-

I'm still struggling along trying to connect to an Oracle instance via JDBC.  When I attempt to connect to the database instance I created, the application generates the following SQLException:

No more data to read from socket

I've checked the listener.log file on the Oracle server to verify that the default listener (configured to accept Net8 Clients over TCP/IP) on port 1521 is receiving the incoming request. Any ideas?

Also, does anyone know of an Oracle and/or Java Reference which lists possible SQLExceptions and their meanings? Received on Thu Jun 03 1999 - 15:24:50 CDT