Re: Pro*C and Y2K

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 21:22:31 +0200

Hi David,
The NLS settings for any client program are taken from the respective environment variables. If these variables don't exist the defaults are used. The default NLS_DATE_FORMAT is DD-MON-YY. Start of a sqlplus session and you will see precisely the same alter session statement. If these settings make it into the executables that's bad. It will mean you need to set the env vars in your .profile and ... recompile everything.
Try this with one program and let us know the outcome.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA