Re: help on ORA-02085 - NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:02:46 +0200

And your tnsnames.ora was a result of manual edit, correct? I have just been struggling today on a site making the same mistake, on a much larger scale.
Your init.ora parameter global_names=true (or you did set it on session level) and the global database name doesn't match the name of the link. This can be resolved in two ways:
1 quick and dirty: change global_names to false and presto 2 change the global name of your database (alter database rename global_name to), change the init.ora db_domain parameter (it is currently world)
bounce the database and presto.

Of course the latter method is preferred.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA