Re: trigger problem

From: <chitnis_at_pspl.co.in>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 08:10:39 GMT

On Oracle, you cannot obtain old and new values for long and long raw datatypes. Trigger support is very limited for long datatypes.

You could use the if updating clause on long types and move some value to another table to indicate that the long column has changed. This table can then be monitored by an app which could then obtain this long value and move it where the trigger would.

Good Luck
Chitnis

In article <3754CD29.4064AD84_at_bigfoot.com>,   leungkw <reebok-wai_at_bigfoot.com> wrote:
> I want to reference a column(long type) using the OLD object in
trigger
> but fail.
>
> So, how can I refer that column in another way?
>
> mailto:leungkw_at_mtrcorp.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 03:10:39 CDT