Re: Same DB Names on Different Hosts

From: <cary_at_nams.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 21:09:50 GMT

Hello,

     If I understand your question, then the answer is to simply modify the TNS aliases in your TNSNAMES.ORA file. Although your SIDs (DB names) are identical, the aliases can be anything you want.

In article <7j16cv$avt$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   stuco_at_mailcity.com wrote:
> I have inherited 5 databases that are scattered on hosts throughout
the
> country. But all the databases have the same database name and same
> connect string.
>
> How in the world can I connect to each of these separately with unique
> TNS entries??
>
> Thanks for your help, everyone
>
> Stuart Cowen

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Share what you know. Learn what you don't. Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 16:09:50 CDT