Re: Why OracleServiceSID cannot be started in NT after installation with the version 7.3.4?

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 19:53:09 -0400

Usually Oracle errors are five digits or have some sort of prefix. If this is ORA-00126 the message says "The DUPLICITY in the CONNECT_DATA of the TNS address DESCRIPTION is not correct or is not supported." I have not used that parameter, so you'll have to go to the Oracle site and read about what might be wrong.

Van

Zhenming wrote in message ...
>Van,
>
>I did use the oradim73 utility to create another instance and immediatly
>from the control panel's Services, I can find the newly created
>OracleServiceSID and OracleStartSid services with my new SID. In the
syntax,
>I chose auto start mode, I restarted the machine, and the checked the all
>the OracleService were not started. I tried using manual and oradim utility
>to start, still gave the same error. I can not trace the system error 0126,
>what does it mean? So I tested to deleate all the installation, using
Oracle