Question about mlock_sga

From: Keith Shave <dgillesp_at_mts.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 19:24:06 GMT

I've been reading about the mlock_sga initSID.ora parameter but I've been having problems figuring exactly what it's used for and where it might be useful. I've read ...

mlock_sga - SGA will be locked into memory. Such lockdown prevents paging and helps asynch_io to work more effectively.

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean once the SGA is filled it will not page anything out?

In what situations might you use this parameter effectively? Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 14:24:06 CDT