Accessing Oracle8i via JDBC

From: Marshall Greer <marshall_at_galef.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 10:05:28 -0700

I just installed an Oracle 8i Server on NT and am trying to modify a java app to access a database instance i created via JDBC w/ the driver provided by Oracle (oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver). I'm unclear from the class description for the driver of the exact syntax I should be using for the url and properties I need to supply the driver with in order for it to connect.

Suppose the following were true:

IP address of NT Server running the Database: 209.62.171.5 Port Address for Net8 Listener for IIOP Clients via TCP/IP: 2481 SID for Database: db
username: jjohnson
password: superfly

Is this the correct syntax?
OracleDriver.connect("jdbc:oci:jjohnson/superfly_at_209.62.171.5:2481/db");

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

M Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 12:05:28 CDT