Re: NLS problem on AIX

From: Julio Negueruela <julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:52:36 +0200

Peter Laursen escribió:
> =

> I have a new db on AIX 4.3.2, Oracle 8.0.5 with character set =
> WE8ISO8859P1. I have some problems with the special danish characters <=
ĉĝċ>
> If I work directly on the server <ĉĝċ> becomes <fxe> when inserte=
d into the
> database, however when I connect from my NT workstation, using sqlplus,=

> everything works fine.
> What might be the problem here?

Looks like you haven't defined the LANG OS var (or the linux equivalent)

Hope this help.
-- =

Julio Negueruela
DBA Servicio Informático

Universidad de La Rioja      -      Spain
Telf: 941-299179     Fax: 941- 299180

mailto:julio.negueruela_at_si.unirioja.es Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 04:52:36 CDT