Mircrosoft Transaction server , OLE DB and Oracle 8

From: Bernd Uttenweiler <buttenweiler_at_sidoun.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:40:28 +0100

We are developing COM Components under Microsoft MTS accessing Oracle database.
We decided to change from ODBC to native OLE DB Provider of Microsoft MDAC 2.1.
Does anybody have experience with this? Looking in all MS Documents, it seems, that Oracle installed on Netware is not supported.Is there any certain Information about it.Will this change with Oracle 8i?
In Ora 8 MS OLE Transaction has to be translated to XA and vice versa.Is a Oracle OLE DB Provider in work which supports OLE Transaction? Are there any known restriction or experiences with compatibility? Thanx
Bernd Uttenweiler Received on Wed Jun 02 1999 - 02:40:28 CDT